For most people, land burial has been the preferred approach for funeral arrangements, especially for the older generations and still remains a popular choice today. In this section we will give a detailed explanation of what to expect in a land burial.
What Can I Expect When Opting For Land Burial?
- Land burials are more costly as compared to cremation or sea burial as the land in Singapore is scarce
- According to NEA, land tenure for burial is a maximum of 15 years, after which they will be exhumed, cremated and placed in a columbarium or re-buried in a smaller land plot
- Choa Chu Kang Cemetery Complex is the only cemetery that is still open for land burial
Where Is The Cemetery Located?
Choa Chu Kang Cemetery, 910 Choa Chu Kang Road, Singapore 699819
How Much Should I Expect To Pay For A Land Burial?
Land burial in a Christian Cemetery or Catholic Cemetery at Choa Chu Kang Cemetery Complex will cost $420 for a child under 10 years old and $940 for an adult.
What Is The Process Like?
- The pastor will give a sermon/conduct a prayer at the wake location before encoffining, after which the family and friends will be given the chance to pay their final respects
- Once everyone has paid their final respects, the hearse will depart for Choa Chu Kang Cemetery
- At the burial site, all the family members and friends will assemble for a prayer and hymns before the casket is buried